Saturday, September 14, 2013

Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?

My life attracts challenging situations and I probably could write a short book on the numerous experiences revolving around problems with businesses.

Currently, I am engaged in four different scenarios of unresolved business problems. First, during last year's holiday promotion between Time Warner and Verizon I took the bait. I thought I save some money, upgrade my services, and receive $400 in Visa reward cards. What I thought was a good idea turned into immense headache. On January 6th the problems began. I upgrade to 4G, canceled AT&T and subscribe to Time Warner. They arrived on the fifteenth and my order was incorrect. The torn out AT&T equipment, and left me without service due to errors in the order, My service was finally working by the end of the month.

However, I had two companies equipment (  AT&T and Time Warner) and their bills. I could not terminate service with either of them based on the premise I lose my phone number because of the error by either Time Warner or Verizon. I endured a very costly month. It gets worse. I spent well over 40 hours communicating by email, phone and in the store to an effort to receive my gift cards. After almost giving up a few week ago I received two cards, but not for the amount of the promised in the offer.

I also learned Verizon extended my contract for 2 more years and added an extra $10 dollars to my bill. Time Warner blames Verizon and Verizon blames Time Warner. Crazy since this was a joint offer from two companies partnering up.  I have been told I was a test subject. I spoke with mangers, wrote letters, emailed, sought intervention from Verizon who I have been loyal to since 1996. It is still unresolved as of today. I am very tired and disappointed in both companies.

I do not know if social media would help. I do know they use social media to promote their businesses.

My positive experience communicating through social media comes from the blogs and rating system of Nordstrom. I avoid poor quality, wrong sizes colors and styles. Also, the blogs from consumers offer great tips on sizing, where and how to wear an item, if the photo demonstrates the true color and many other components surrounding the item. Oh, course this is word of mouth via social media. I believe endorsement from a consumer signifies a staple and represents an essential asset to a business.  Also, Nordstrom leaves the blogs that state problems with merchandise which adds validity. I returned a pair of shoes, and the sales associate ask me why? I took out my IPAD and showed her the blog. She agreed with the blog, and says she too uses the blogs when investigating making her selections too. Very happy camper with Nordstrom's  social media and awesome store customer service. 
        

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about the positive experience with Nordstroms... I am heading there for a shopping trip in a few weeks and will check out their blogs and website first. Thanks for the tip!

    As for Verizon, Time Warner etc. I'm wondering if it helps at all to use social media since I've always experience a lack of care by Verizon store clerks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee Marie,

      So good to hear from you. The way I use the Nordstroms shopping site is either I shop by department or specific style for example sweaters. Then I narrow the search to departments such as Point of Veiw, TBD, Brass Plum and Savy to them just a few. I proceed to see what appeals to my price, body type and style. Upon finding a couple of choices I see how many stars the merchandise receives(sometimes there are no stars as the item is new or has not been reviewed).

      I proceed to the blogs. I also look at their age, how often they shop and their geographical locations as to gain as complete a picture as possible.

      Nordstroms also offers other informations about the item if it runs true to size, fabrics used, length of inseams, and other helpful information pertaining to the item. I click on all the angles too of my item.

      I often take my IPAD to the store, and show the sales associate what I am looking for. Also, prior to going to the store there is a place on the merchandise you selected and you can scroll down to see if UTC carries the item. Next, if the item is available say at UTC you can select the item and Nordstroms reserves it for you until you actually come to the store.

      I like reading the reviews as word of mouth usually has some awesome insights (both the pro and cons). It also expands my sense of style, keeps me from dressing in a rut, and gives me ideas on how to wear different styles.

      Happy shopping!!!!
      Your friend and pet Nanny Lu
      Woof Woof Woof Meow Meow Meow

      Delete